Club SEGA (クラブセガ kurabu sega), formerly known as SEGA HI-TECH LAND , is a gaming arcade in the Yakuza series. It has locations on Kamurocho's Nakamichi Street and Theater Square, as well as Sotenbori's Sotenbori Street.
Club SEGA is based on the real-life series of SEGA gaming arcades in Japan. Accordingly, they have a different style in Yakuza 0 compared to other games to reflect their previous appearance in the 1980s.
The games available for play in Club SEGA in eachYakuza title differ from one game to the next and usually reflect the time period in which a particular game is set. The in-game version of Club SEGA features some original titles such as Boxcelios, but the arcades also feature emulated versions of real-life arcade titles ranging from Fantasy Zone and Space Harrier to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown and Puyo Puyo. Each Club SEGA also features UFO Catcher machines based on the real-life claw game, and the prizes that can be won are nods to other SEGA properties.
While playing the games at Club SEGA is purely optional, some substories require playing the games and achieving certain milestones in order to complete them. Also, getting 100% completion usually requires that certain scores are met on all arcade games. Some games also give Completion Points for achieving said scores.
The following is a list of games that are playable aside from the universal presence of UFO Catcher. Games without release years were created specifically for the Yakuza series and are not real-life arcade titles.
- Yakuza 0: Space Harrier (1985), Fantasy Zone (1986), Out Run (1986), Super Hang-On (1987)
- Yakuza Kiwami: MesuKing: Battle Bug Beauties, Print Club
- Yakuza 2: YF6
- Yakuza Kiwami 2: Virtua Fighter 2 (1994), Cyber Troopers Virtual-On (1995), ToyLets (2011)
- Yakuza 3: Boxcelios
- Yakuza 4: Boxcelios, Boxcelios 2
- Yakuza 5: Virtua Fighter 2 (1994), Taiko no Tatsujin (2011), Print Club
- Yakuza 6: Space Harrier (1985), Fantasy Zone (1986), Out Run (1986), Super Hang-On (1987), Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown (2010), Puyo Puyo (2011)
- Judgment: Space Harrier (1985), Fantasy Zone (1986), Fighting Vipers (1995), Motor Raid (1997), Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown (2010), Puyo Puyo (2011), Kamuro of the Dead
- Yakuza: Like a Dragon: Space Harrier (1985), Fantasy Zone (1986), Out Run (1986), Super Hang-On (1987), Virtua Fighter 2 (1994), Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown (2010)
- Seen as the spiritual predecessor to the Yakuza series, the Shenmue game series also featured arcades with playable SEGA titles.
- Yu Suzuki, creator of Shenmue, also created many of the arcade games featured in Club SEGA.