Downtown Ryukyu is an area on the island of Okinawa. It only appears as a playable location in Yakuza 3. Although not mentioned in the game, it is part of the Okinawan city of Naha, being based on its Makishi district.
Downtown Ryukyu is divided by the river over which the monorail line runs into its northern and southern halves. The area south of the river is controlled by the Ryudo Family, whereas the northern half, known as Hatsumachi, is under control of the Tamashiro Family.
- Aqua Sky, a second-floor bar with pool and darts.
- Awamorigura, a liquor store.
- Blue Seal Ice Cream, an ice cream parlour.
- Canal Grande strip club.
- Ebisu Pawn Ryukyu.
- Flawless Cabaret Club.
- M Store Hatsumachi.
- M Store Ryukyu Boulevard.
- Maeda Drugs
- Mahjong Camp
- Monorail Station. This acts as the area's taxi service, allowing Kiryu to go to Sunshine Orphanage, the golf course, or the airport (to Kamurocho).
- Public Market, a food market (first floor) and canteen area (second floor).
- Okinawaya, a traditional Okinawan food shop.
- Quickly, a bubble tea stand.
- Ryudo Family Office
- Ryukyu Gambling Hall, an underground gambling den.
- Ryukyu Nights, a nightclub information bureau.
- Ryukyu Shogi
- Ryukyu Weapons Dealer
- Sam's Maui, a Hawaiian-themed teppanyaki restaurant.
- Smile Burger Ryukyu
- South Island, a cabaret club that Kiryu manages in a substory.
- Stone Market, a jewellery store
- Tamashiro Family Office.
- Umachi Diner, a restaurant that serves up Okinawan dishes.
- Waraba, a stall selling pork ramen dishes.
- Kamiyama Works Ryukyu.
- East Hatsumachi
- East Ryukyu Boulevard
- Kariyushi Arcade
- Kitaryu Street
- Kubochi Road
- North Hatsumachi
- North Public Market
- Ryukyu Boulevard
- South Hatsumachi
- West Ryukyu Boulevard
- Naha is where the two largest real-life yakuza clans in Okinawa are headquartered.
- The Name Ryukyu comes from the Ryukyu Archipelago of islands, of which Okinawa is the largest. This, in turn, is named after the Ryukyu Kingdom, an independent state that ruled over the islands for around 400 years between the 15th and 19th centuries.
- Although taxis appear in the area, Kiryu cannot hail a cab. Instead, he can take VeloTaxis to other parts of Downtown Ryukyu.
- There is a run-down old car dealership next to the monorail line which features a logo similar to the Subaru badge.
- The in-game signs for Kitaryu Street call it "Hokuryu Street".
||Kamurocho • Sotenbori • Shinseicho • Downtown Ryukyu • Nagasugai • Tsukimino • Kineicho • Onomichi • Isezaki Ijincho|
|Kenzan (1600-1605) and Ishin (1867)
||Gion • Rakugai (Both games)|