Kurotaka (黒鷹, Kurotaka) is a professional sniper and Goro Majima's main partner in Yakuza: Dead Souls. He becomes available as an AI companion upon the completion of Zombie Cop Part 1 and accompanies Majima for the rest of the Zombie Cop series of substories.
Kurotaka appears to be a hedonistic individual, who views the main purpose of life as being simply for enjoyment.
Kurotaka has a shaved head and moustache with a 5 O'clock shadow. He wears a black sports jacket open with a red shirt underneath, unbuttoned to his chest, and a black pair of jeans.
He entered the profession because of the death of his father, who as a cop, gave his life to save others, but was soon forgotten. This left him to be "...soured...on other people." That is why he lives for himself, anyway he wants and in Yakuza: Dead Souls that reason is "...getting to plug as many zombies as he likes.
- Kurotaka's a professional sniper. He's a real crackshot! If he loses too much health when he has low affinity, he'll lose concentration and shoot less accurately. Keep an eye on his health!
— Gary "Buster" Holmes
- Precision Marksmanship (Shooting Accuracy Level is increased 1 level)
- Concentrated Fire (Shooting Accuracy Level is increased by 2 levels)
- Headshot (Headshot chance is increased by 10%)
- Bowling Shot (Single bullet can knock over the zombies)
- Tuning (Offensive Ability is increased by 1.1)
- Medicine Box (First Aid Kit maximum increased by 1)
- Body of the Goddess (First Aid Kits can heal your partner and the main character)
- Spirit of the Goddess (First Aid Kits can be used to heal your partner and the main character)
- Body of Vajra (Health is increased by 1.5)
- Spirit of Vajra (Health is increased by 1.5)
- Kurotaka's name translates as Black Hawk in English, hence the name of his rifle.
- Coincidentally, the game also features JSDF UH-60 "Black Hawk" helicopters.