- Not to be confused with the seventh Yakuza game, Yakuza: Like a Dragon (2020).
Like a Dragon or Yakuza: Like a Dragon, known in Japan as Like a Dragon Movie Version (龍が如く 劇場版 Ryū ga Gotoku Gekijōban?), is a 2007 Japanese crime film directed by Takashi Miike. It is based on the events of the video game Yakuza.
The English subtitled version premiered on June 23, 2008 at the New York Asian Film Festival '08, and was released on DVD on February 23, 2010 by a Media Blasters affiliate.
The film stars the following:
- Kazuki Kitamura (北村一輝) as Kazuma Kiryu (桐生一馬)
- Natsuo (夏緒) as Haruka Sawamura (澤村遥)
- Goro Kishitani (岸谷五朗) as Goro Majima (真島吾朗)
- Shun Shioya (塩谷瞬) as Satoru (悟)
- Saeko (サエコ) as Yui (唯)
- Haruhiko Kato (加藤晴彦) as Kazuki (一輝)
- Saki Takaoka (高岡早紀) as Yumi Sawamura (澤村由美) / Mizuki Sawamura (美月)
- Show Aikawa (哀川翔) as detective Noguchi (野口刑事)
- Gong Yoo (공유) as Park Chul the Korean hitman (朴)
- Yutaka Matsushige (松重豊) as Makoto Date (伊達真)
- Claude Maki (真木蔵人) as Akira Nishikiyama (錦山彰)
- Yoshiyoshi Arakawa (荒川良々) as the Korean-Japanese weapon smuggler (武器屋)
- Kenichi Endō (遠藤 憲一) as Imanishi the bank robber (今井)
- Sansei Shiomi (塩見三省) as Shintaro Kazama (風間新太郎)
- Tomorowo Taguchi (田口トモロヲ) as the Korean-Japanese barbershop owner
- Toshihiro Nagoshi (名越稔洋) as Jingu but listed as Mister N (ミスターN)
- Alexander Otsuka as a Yakuza (ヤクザ)
The night begins with a bank robbery by a manzai duo of amateur masked gunmen, Imanishi and Nakanishi, and the disappearance of ten billion yen from the Tojo Clan's deposits. Meanwhile, in Kamurocho's streets, former yakuza Kazuma Kiryu and a young girl named Haruka Sawamura search for Mizuki Sawamura, Haruka's supposed mother, with Kiryu's rival, psychotic yakuza Goro Majima, and his gang on their trail.
After a meeting with Kiryu and Haruka in the convenience store Poppo, employee Satoru and his new girlfriend Yui decide to start holding up stores for money. Elsewhere in the district a mysterious South Korean hitman, Park, tracks down the culprit behind the Tojo Clan heist which leads him toward the infamous Mister N and the Millennium Tower.
The search for Mizuki brings Kiryu to the top of the Millennium Tower and ends with a climatic battle with his childhood friend, yakuza Akira Nishikiyama, whom became an enemy.
- Toshihiro Nagoshi, the creator of the Yakuza series, plays the role of Mister N (Himself).
- Majima's eye patch is over his right eye in this film, contrary to all of his other appearances where it is over his left.
- Kazuma Kiryu's actor, Kazuki Kitamura, was born on July 17 1969, exactly 1 year and 1 month after the character he portrays.