- "To me, you're the boss!"
- —Rikiya to Kiryu
Rikiya Shimabukuro (島袋 力也, Shimabukuro Rikiya) was a lieutenant of Ryudo Family, a yakuza family in Okinawa.
Yakuza 3 Edit
A member of the Ryudo Family, Rikiya, 25, is Nakahara's senior henchman, who has a fierce love of Okinawa. His self-proclaimed nickname, Initially hostile towards Kiryu, he gradually came to respect him and refer to him as "brother".
After returning to Okinawa, and after the orphanage was destroyed, he took a bullet meant for Kiryu while rescuing Nakahara. He then died in Kiryu's arms, after which Kiryu cried.
"Bare-Handed Viper" (ステゴロのハブ, Sutegoro no Habu) comes from the pit viper tattoo on his back.
He wears a white and orange floral shirt with a pair of black dress pants and a pair of shoes. When traveling to Kamurocho, he wears a black pinstriped jacket over it.
While being initially hostile to Kiryu, he's actually a good person and a loyal ally. Compared to Kiryu, Mikio, and Nakahara, he has a considerably fiery temper.
It also appears that he has a great appetite, especially apparent when he travels to Kamurocho where he orders large amounts of food and drink at a local Korean restaurant, much to Kiryu's concern.
Fighting Style Edit
His fighting moves mainly consist of evasion, precise punches, and jump kicks.
- The family name Shimabukuro is common in Okinawa. It is strongly associated with the Yamato people, whose culture differs historically from that of the rest of Japan.
- He has an affinity for yakiniku.
- His tattoo symbolizes his love for Okinawa, as pit vipers are associated with Okinawa.
- Rikiya's voice actor later returned to the series, voicing another character.